Tips For Navigating Emotions In Relationship
Surf’s Up…Riding The Wave ~
Navigating our emotions can be feel a lifelong goal. Unpredictable emotional undercurrents arise in our life, swirling around ever turn needing attention and focus. Here are some tips for navigating these energies and keeping things in perspective.
When we simply react to our emotions, we can be dragged down into deep water. We have all had to try to fix an emotional outburst after the fact, it can be hard to get a redo in some of our relationships.
As we learn to strengthen our emotional reactions to things and look for emotional strength inside. We begin to lead with our heart rather than externally reacting to an emotional reaction.
Planning For Emotional Triggers
We all have emotional triggers. We often know ahead of time we may be walking into a situation that may be emotionally challenging or charged. Taking a moment to focus on the triggers ahead of time, can assist us in dealing with the emotional waves and add more peace to our day. A little forethought can help us to have the bigger picture in mind.
Emotions aren’t good or bad that just are and they are in constant flux and moment. We don’t really have to attach to strongly to any of them. It helps to remember that when there is a ripple on the water, it doesn’t mean a tidal wave is approaching. Opportunities and benevolent situations will exist alongside challenges.
Tips For Riding The Emotional Wave
- Ground yourself, take a few deep breaths, bring yourself fully into the present and connect to your heart. Taking emotional flight will lift you out of yourself. Being grounded will help you avoid enlarging an issue that can be illuminated by a momentary emotional spike.When emotions are amplified and they are negative ones, anger will likely arise.
- Deal with emotions within yourself before you take any action or communicate with others. This is how to skillfully manage your emotions. It is a vital key to strong healthy relationships.
- Many outward influences can light up our emotions.Those emotions can be happy, sad and everything in between. Do your best to stay neutral as your emotions reveal them self to you. Most emotions are better viewed from a higher perspective of spirit. Invite that view so you can respond appropriately.
- When we are triggered emotionally, our mind can come up with some deep inner questions. A small thing can have you searching for what is right. When these arise, don’t simply dismiss them, go deeper within yourself and contemplate these questions in a new way, asking spirit for a fresh approach.
- With awareness and focus inward rather than outward a new sense of clarity can offer calm rather than upset in your relationships. Be open to new information, it’s possible you could have overlooked a key component to seeing clearly while emotional charged. Look at it again in a new light.
Calm Waters Ahead
You don’t have to continue to have emotional discord in your loving relationships.You can be at the forefront of creating a brand-new type of emotional world for yourself. The first step is indeed the most liberating. Life can be rich and calm rather than empty and turbulent. Try it on your next emotional ride and let me know how these tips assist you on your path to loving relationships.
Submit your review