Cannabis Dosing~Less Is More
When it comes to dosing with cannabis, starting with a low dose is the best way to begin. Over using or over dosing cannabis simply increases your tolerance and raises your cost of use. So when starting out with any strain that is known or unknown, start slow and low. Less is more!
Dispensary Pre-rolled Joint
The average THC concentration in today’s strains is around 12%, which is about 3-4 times as potent as strains a couple decades ago. Using these numbers, this means that your typical pre-roll will have approximately 100mg of THC. Some strains have a THC concentration upwards of 25%.
- The average dispensary pre-roll joint contains about 750mg – 1g of cannabis. Full effects of the herb can often be felt immediately or within 15 minutes. After that, the experience starts to mellow out and will wind down over the course of the next 1-3 hours. Best to not use a whole joint in one sitting.
Vaping is a cleaner way of oral dosing cannabis.
- Each hit off the vape pin has 2.5 mg. Today a dose is 2.5 mg, 5 mg or 10 mg. Effects appear within 90 seconds, reach a maximum after 15-30 minutes, and taper off within 2-3 hours. Begin with 1-2 doses every 2-3 hours. Best to limit intake to 3 doses per hour.
Tinctures are used per drop or dropper full by either holding them under the tongue (sublingual) or by swallowing them and delivering them via the GI-track.
- A 1/4 of tincture equals 2.5 mg a full dropper would be 10 mg. It can take 15 to 30 minutes to notice the effect. Holding it under the tongue will impact how soon the effect is felt. Swallowing it in tea and using the GI-track effect could last up to 6 hours.
A sublingual is delivered in a mist under the tongue per spray.
- 1-2 sprays of sublingual are equal to 5 mg. It can take 3 to 10 minutes to notice the effect and can last 1-2 hours.
Edibles are the same dosing, 2.5 mg is used for micro dosing through out the day going up to 10 mg. Most edibles are marked for this kind of delivery. Edibles are one of the most effective sleeping aids as it stay’s in the system for six to eight hours providing a sound sleep. Using an indica rich strain is most effective as a sleeping aid. If getting to sleep is the issue, using a sublingual tincture of indica under the tongue will send you off to sleep.
- Edibles are most often marked for dosing at 2.5 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg. It can take 30 minutes to 2 hours to notice the effect and can last six to eight hours.
Start Slow And Go Low
A slow approach would be to micro dose every three hours. Perhaps 9 am noon, 3 pm, 6 pm, and 9 pm.
Beginning with the smallest amount. 1-2 hits of the joint or vape pen every three hours.
Your watching for your minimum effective dose. Your MED.
A Sample Dosing Plan For Slow And Low
- 9 am – 1/4 dropper CBD Tincture
- noon – 1/4 dropper CBD Tincture
- 3 pm – Vape Pen Sativa 1-2 hits
- 6 pm – Vape Pen Hybrid 1-2 hits
- 9 pm – Indica Sublingual 1-2 sprays
- Bedtime – 2.5mg to 5mg infused chocolate under the tongue.
Call for your personalized cannabis dosing solution. 415-409-9264